It's Your Choice
Our commitment and philosophy
The Slade Dental Practice & Implant Centre uses a combination of procedures to improve your smile. It may be as simple as an oral hygiene clean or as complex as using a combination of advanced techniques to give you the best result possible.
The quality of dental treatment, sterilization procedures and customer care at the Slade Dental Practice & Implant Centre are second to none. You are assured you will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality. And we always ensure you understand the what, why and how (and how much!) of each procedure.
At The Slade Dental Practice & Implant Centre, we take a holistic approach to dental health. Our aim is to provide you with oral care that will ensure your smile remains healthy and happy throughout your lifetime.
Our Guarantee To You
At The Slade Dental Practice & Implant Centre, the staff will always:
- Put the patients’ interests before our own or those of any colleague, organisation or business.
- Treat patients politely and with respect, in recognition of their dignity and rights as individuals.
- Recognise and promote patients’ responsibility for making decisions about their bodies, their priorities and their care.
- Treat patients fairly and in line with the law.
- Promote equal opportunities for all patients. Do not discriminate against patients or groups of patients because of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, nationality, special needs or disability, sexuality, health, lifestyle, beliefs or any other irrelevant consideration.
- Listen to patients and give them the information they need, in a way they can use, so that they can make decisions.
- Treat information about patients as confidential and only use it for the purposes for which it is given.
- Continuously review our knowledge, skills and professional performance. Reflect on them, and identify and understand our limits as well as our strengths.
- Provide a good standard of care based on available up-to-date evidence and reliable guidance.
- At The Slade dental Practice & Implant centre, we take pride in maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, infection control and safety procedures. We regularly update all hygiene procedures and policies and place a priority on staff education in the field of hygiene and sterilization.
- At The Slade Dental Practice & implant Centre, our staff are continually striving to improve our clinical standards, expand our knowledge and optimise our overall performance.
GENERAL DENTAL COUNCIL - THE PRINCIPLES OF PRACTICE IN DENTISTRY
As dental professionals, we are responsible for doing the following under the General Dental Council:
- Putting patients’ interests first and acting to protect them.
- Respecting patients’ dignity and choices.
- Protecting the confidentiality of patients’ information.
- Co-operating with other members of the dental team and other healthcare colleagues in the interests of patients.
- Maintaining your professional knowledge and competence.
- Being trustworthy.
Patients have the right to expect to be treated in a safe environment, sterilization protocols are an important part of this.
At The Slade dental Practice & Implant centre we have carried out an audit of sterilization and hygiene procedures and are implementing protocols more extensive than those required under the current Health and Safety legislation.
Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C pose the greatest danger in any dental practice. Patients have the right to expect to be treated in a safe environment, and sterilization protocols are an important part of this.
At The Slade Dental Practice & Implant Centre we have carried out an audit of sterilization and hygiene procedures and keep our protocols regularly updated to comply with the current Health and Safety legislation:
- We will use single use disposable instruments whenever possible.
- At the practice we have invested heavily in equipment to allow us to sterilize all instruments for every patient. We have twenty handpieces, multiple scalers, and air syringes, sufficient hand instruments to work for a full day without the need for sterilization.
- We have 3 full- time sterilization autoclaves. We carry a spare sterilizer boxed to cover breakdowns. During every dental treatment, protective glasses or visors and masks are worn by the dentist and clinical staff. This protective measure is designed to protect both patients and staff against airborne bacteria and infection.
- We provide new endodontic files for each patient when carrying out a root filling
- Our dental chairs have been fitted with closed water lines using distilled water. These lines are disinfected between each patient, thus preventing bacteria being harboured within the chairs’ systems.